Can Spider Veins really be prevented?
Spider veins are those unsightly red and blue veins that become highly apparent on the legs of many people. Spider veins are caused mostly by weak vein walls and slow blood circulation. Though men can get spider veins, it is much more likely for women to be affected by them.
Whether you have only seen spider veins on others or you have started to see signs of them on your own legs, there are steps that can be taken to prevent spider veins from appearing all together.
- Regular exercise helps to improve your daily circulation so that your blood will flow at a regular pace. Simple cardio exercise such as jogging, walking or cycling can help prevent spider veins from forming.
- Do not cross your legs. Instead, keep your feet flat on the floor or cross at the ankles while sitting. Keeping your legs crossed hinders the flow of blood between your heart and your legs which causes pressure inside of the veins. Pressure leads to protrusion—spider veins.
- Avoid high heels whenever possible. While high heels are fine to wear occasionally be sure not to wear them too often or for very long periods of time. Wearing heels puts undo pressure on the legs which causes blood flow circulation between your heart and legs.
- Avoid sitting or standing in one place for long periods of time. If your job causes you to sit or stand in one place, try to walk around or take breaks to sit occasionally. Staying in one position can cause pressure and reduce circulation throughout the legs greatly.
- Elevate your feet whenever possible. At night when it is time to go to sleep is a perfect time to elevate your legs about 6 to 12 inches above your heart. This helps prevent spider veins by reducing swelling in ankles and calves while helping circulation.
- Where compression hose to keep blood pumping more efficiently and also prevents the swelling of your legs. These hoses or stockings can be found at most drug stores.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight avoids undo stress on circulation that is often caused by being overweight. Excess pressure on blood vessels within the circulatory system can cause veins to spread causing spider veins.
While spider veins may be an affliction that many people, namely women, will have to experience, it is possible to prevent the severity of them. It is also possible to prevent spider veins all together by paying careful attention to your life style and to your daily activities. Taking a few simple precautions can help you keep smooth, beautiful legs.
Get the benefit of a 1 hour workout in just 10 minutes!
The DKN Vibration Trainer helps accelerate weight loss and achieve a more toned body. The appearance of cellulite is controlled, which leaves you with smoother and tighter skin. Other benefits include improved balance, strength, flexibility and endurance, increased energy levels, better mental focus, and improved sleeping habits.
DKN Vibration Trainers are widely used in homes, physical therapy, rehabilitation, gyms and professional sports. Without having a 30-minute workout and a 30-minute massage, you can achieve the same results in less than 15 minutes while standing still and watching TV!
Similar to a massage or workout, a whole body vibration exercise machine helps improve blood circulation and enhances lymphatic function. When the lymphatic system gets blocked, it fails to eliminate toxins that can cause depression, fatigue, and chronic health problems like joint and muscular pain.
Proper lymphatic drainage prevents the accumulation of harmful toxins in the body’s systems and increases the production of good hormones, including endorphins, serotonin, and collagen, and helps improve flexibility and range of motion. This reduces stress and physical pain while achieving a slimmer and tighter body.
Learn more about the DKN Vibration Trainers now!
***This article was written exclusively for the Healthier Living 4 You by The Longstreet Clinic in North Georgia, a fully-integrated multi-specialty medical group, providing quality services and healthcare for patients, families and the community. The Vascular & Vein Specialists at The Longstreet Clinic, are provide innovative and customized care for all types of venous conditions.