One of the best ways to keep cool in summer heat is to jump into a refreshing pool.
Whether you have a pool, you go to a friends or you visit the neighborhood one, be sure to keep you and your family safe. Water safety should be at the top of your list! Learn some tips below.
Water is amazing but it can also be dangerous. Enjoy a refreshing swim, but be sure to take these tips into consideration.
If you have a pool…
1. Make sure someone is there to supervise and a strong swimmer – This is especially important if you are going to have your kids and their friends to the pool. No kids should be left unattended even if they can swim.
2. Keep all electrical devices a good distance away from the pool – Water and electricity do not mix, so keep it safe and keep anything that require electricity far enough away from the pool.
3. Keep the pool covered when not in use – This reduces the risk of someone falling in and drowning.
4. Drain your kiddie pools – This prevents it from becoming a hazard to kids playing outside.
5. Create rules – Make sure that everyone observes them, even yourself. If your pool is not deep enough to legally dive than don’t dive. Kids will do what they see.
6. Add a fence around the pool – This is actually a law, you must have a fence around your pool. Call your local council to find out fence regulations for your area.
If you are visiting the neighborhood pool, summer pool water safety is key…
1. Watch your kids – Be sure to keep your eyes on them. Don’t depend only on the pool life guard to make sure they are safe. If you can’t see your child in the water, alert the lifeguard immediately.
2. Wear sunscreen – The sun is very strong and you can get burnt much quicker when your body is wet. Be sure to protect you and your family from harmful sun rays.
3. No diving in the pool – It can lead to injuries and even death. Unless there is a diving board and you or your child are experienced at swimming and diving it is just best to avoid it.
4. Learn to swim – Be sure to get you or your kids in swimming lessons as soon as possible. It could save your life.
5. Learn CPR – Knowing CPR is a very good skill to have and can safe the life of someone in trouble in the water.
6. Use equipment wisely – Do not use toys or equipment that is not designed specifically for a pool. Always be sure to have flotation devices readily available.
7. Wear a life vest, water wings, blow up rings – If your child can’t swim, a life vest or flotation device will help protect them while playing in the water.
Swimming in a pool is lots of fun as long as everyone plays safe! Be sure to use all the water safety tips and you will enjoy the water a lot more.
The Most Cost Effective Spa & Pool Water Filtration System That Uses NASA Technology!
The use of ionization for water purification was pioneered in the 60s by NASA. Caribbean Clear incorporated this technology and developed an ionization product for introducing both copper and silver to swimming pool water. Copper is a well known algaecide and Silver has unique anti-microbial properties.
Water is more appealing without the typical 1-3 ppm chlorine residual or the weekly chlorine shock. At a barely detectable level of 0.4 ppm chlorine (1 quart of liquid bleach in a typical 30,000 gallon pool) the water will be more enjoyable, and, with less skin and eye irritation, the swimmers can enjoy the pool longer.
Not to Mention…Lower Costs:
* No more weekly shock treatments
* Less chlorine
* Less maintenance
* Liners and pool equipment will last longer
* Ultimately, lower costs
Unlike other common water treatment methods, Caribbean Clear is not affected by sunlight, heat, or time. During peak days of intense sun and heat or throughout the winter while the pool is closed , Caribbean Clear will remain in the water. Only as algae, micro-organisms, or other organic debris are introduced into the water will Caribbean Clear be consumed.
Learn more about the Caribbean Clear pool filtration system now!