How To Make Someone Smile
Out of the blue someone surprised me with a PEZ candy dispenser this week. It was Tinker Bell – one of my absolute Disney favourites. You would have thought I won the lottery. This was a wonderful gesture that made me giggle and smile from ear to ear. It inspired me to write the article this week.
I love to listen and “record” what people love, crave and need in their life. The kinds of books they read, the music they love, places they have traveled to, special treats they eat, their favourite colour or flower – they are all little clues to the surprises I can create for them.
I like to listen all year, and then at Christmas or at some random time I present them with a surprise. They usually say, “How did you know?” (It’s fun because they told me and don’t recall doing so.) The delight and ooh’s and awe’s are so much fun to behold.
Here are a few ideas to make people smile:
- I like to pay for the next person’s coffee while waiting in line or at the drive-thru. They walk or drive up and voila…it’s been paid for!
- Send a little card or note for no reason at all – the old fashioned way; in the mail. We all love to receive mail!
- We need more balloons! Go out and buy a few. Then give them out randomly on the street or bring a bouquet over to a friend’s. And always bring them to a party of any kind. And let everyone join in blowing them up.
- Leave a sweet note note in a library book.
- Place some change in an expired parking meter.
- Give a homeless person a gift card to a restaurant or coffee shop nearby.
- Let a driver merge into your lane.
- Let a pedestrian cross the street – anywhere.
- Bring homemade chocolate chip cookies to any kind of function. I even bring chocolate to my online workshops/meetings and offer it around.
- Over tip breakfast servers (or any fabulous server).
- I read a blog recently where a woman tied an “it’s going to be okay” note to a flower and left it in a public place.
- Share your umbrella with a rain-soaked stranger.
- And tell the people you love that you do love them – often. We cannot “over love” someone…but we can let them know frequently how we feel. Why hold back? The future and ruminating about the past may be adding to the angst. Each day might feel like you are getting through the anxiety of the day instead of living life in general.
Wishing you an abundant spring filled with much love. As always – I am here to support you in this life journey and always love your feedback. I hope to see you soon!
Drink Pure, Healthy, Ionized, Alkaline Water!
The AlkaMate water alkalizer is a great way to start making alkaline, ionized water in just 15 minutes while helping to filter out chlorine, sediment, pesticides and organic pollutants.
Also learn about our AlkaPitcher– a great way to have pure, alkalized, ionized water on hand all the time!