When looking for Thanksgiving dinner ideas, it’s always good to start with a classic. This easy Crockpot Turkey Breast is juicy and tender and requires almost no prep time! It’s perfect for smaller holiday gatherings or for a weeknight meal with leftovers! This would be a star on your Thanksgiving table.
Crockpot Turkey Breast is one my favorite turkey recipes. It is slathered in a flavorful garlic butter mixture and slow cook until it’s tender and juicy.
So, are you still wondering what to prepare for your thanksgiving dinner? Worry no more! This recipe is right for you!
- Turkey: you may opt to using boneless, but bone in will work too
- Unsalted Butter: make sure to soften the butter for it to be easier to slather on the turkey
- Seasonings: we’re seasoning the turkey with a simple blend of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
For the gravy:
- Cooking Liquid: save the cooking liquid from the crockpot after the turkey is cooked. It acts as the base for the gravy.
- Broth: you can use chicken, turkey, or vegetable broth depending on your preferences. I like to use low sodium broth so I can control the saltiness.
- Cornstarch: whisked together with the broth to help thicken the gravy.
- Seasonings: a simple combination of dried parsley, dried thyme, and black pepper give the gravy just the right flavor.
This slow cooker turkey breast recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep!
- Season the turkey: Place the turkey breast into the crockpot. In a bowl, mix together butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, and pepper. Rub all over the turkey thoroughly.
- Cook: Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours, then remove and let the turkey rest for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked through! It should be 165 degrees F.
- Make the gravy: Strain the juices from the crockpot through a sieve into a pot. Whisk together broth and cornstarch, then whisk into the juices. Cook until thickened, then add the seasonings to taste.
- Slice and serve: Slice the turkey breast, then place back into the crockpot to keep warm or serve right away with the gravy.
There you have it. Happy Thanksgiving!