Craving for a flavorful Asian meal? Worry no more! We got you!
In this blog, we will be sharing a recipe which you can try the next time you want to eat a delicious meal yet won’t add extra inch on your waist. And you know what’s best in this recipe? It’s healthier compare to those meal which you often take out from restaurants and are high in sodium and fat.
So, are you excited to know the recipe? Here you go:
Juicy Asian Chicken and Saucy Slaw
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 heads baby bok choy (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 green onions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup slivered snow pea pods
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp. of the oil and the five-spice powder.
- Brush chicken, bok choy, peppers, and onions with oil mixture.
- Use a grill plan to grill chicken and bell peppers, covered, over medium about 10 minutes or until chicken is done (165 °F) and peppers are charred, turning once. Grill bok choy and onions 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly charred, turning once.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a cutting board. Cover chicken to keep warm. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- For slaw, in a bowl whisk together the remaining 2 Tbsp. canola oil, the vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Add grilled vegetables and snow pea pods. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with slaw. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
PER SERVING: 307 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 307 mg sodium, 5 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein