Are you interested in detox water? Using water as a way of detoxing the body is more and more popular. There are pieces of evidence that show that it does not just remove toxins from your body it is also effective at flushing out fat too.
What Is a Detox Water?
Detox water is water that has been infused with the flavors of fresh fruits, vegetables, or herbs. It’s sometimes referred to as fruit-infused water or fruit-flavored water.
How To Make Detox Water
To make detox water, all you need to do is to combine sliced and cut fruits and vegetables. Place them into a pitcher or large container and fill it up with cold water.
Yes, it is super easy and can be made in just 5 minutes.
Below is a recipe for detox water that uses ingredients that are a benefit to the body and digestive tract. Combining all these ingredients will create flavorful and healthy water for your body:
- 2oranges sliced
- 2limes sliced
- 2lemons sliced
- 1/2pound strawberries sliced
- mint for garnish
- 1gallon cold water
- Oranges: Contain Vitamin C that aid in growth, development and repair of all body tissues.
- Limes: These limes contain a citrus juice that helps with digestion and relives bloating on the belly.
- Lemons: Aid in weight loss and reduce anemia and other digestive enzymes.
- Strawberries: Helps with heart health and blood sugar control in the body.
- Mint for Garnish: Mint is known to help with digestion and is a belly enhancing garnish that improves the metabolism.
- Cold Water: This is the most important part of the detox water. It is healthy and the best thing for our bodies.
- Add all ingredients together: In a large pitcher add the oranges, limes, lemons, strawberries, and mint. Fill the pitcher with the water.
- Steep the water: Let sit in the refrigerator 1 hour or overnight to let it steep and flavors blend.