If the Dog Were the Teacher
Who wakes you in the morning with a silly wide-eyed grin and greets you upon arriving back home? You know who! And it’s a wonderful feeling isn’t it? The stress and angst of the day quickly melt away when greeted by your canine friend. You change your clothes and escape together for some play time.
Firstly, I cannot imagine not having an animal companion in my life. In my mind, a home is simply not a home without one. Having animals in my life has changed me – in every way “humanely” possible. I have learned to truly open my heart to the shared unconditional love.
Our relationships with animals bring us so much – unconditional love, being present and in the moment, caring for another being, feeling safe and protected. We have so much to learn from them, if we pay attention to all they show us about life and ourselves.
Have you noticed that when you are sad or crying, are sick with a cold or flu, they are right there with you? They sit beside you, nuzzle you and even jump up to try and help you. If their needs are taken care of and they feel safe, their job is to help you heal. They pull away your pain and suffering. They literally take it away from you and pass it through their bodies to help you clear it.
They may even take on your illness or dis-ease to clear you so you don’t have to experience it. When we are aware of this and understand it is their role, then we have the opportunity to give them the respect they deserve. They have important work to do with us. I have seen people with severe allergies, tumours, liver problems etc. and then observed that their animal companion has the identical condition or symptoms.
The animal in their life is helping them clear it. The condition could have potentially been much worse were you facing it on your own; without your beloved animal companion.
What is helpful to know for their wellness is their natural instincts need to be fueled so they can effectively clear imbalance and help you heal. For example, if they are bred for hunting they need to get out to sniff around and hunt. If they are retrievers, they need to retrieve and swim. This helps them naturally clear the energy they may have taken on from you or others in your home.
It is essential that they get to run and play unrestrained on a daily basis. They give so much to us and therefore it feels wonderful to reciprocate and give back to them. Love, compassion and devotion – 3 words that describe our mutual relationship with them. We all deserve this in our lives!
What may cause an animal to get sick?
We and our animals get sick from anything that weakens our life force and/or lectromagnetic field. Genetics can play a role in illness, as can the emotional weight from trauma, or the stress from too many toxins. Environmental toxins in the air, food, water, chemicals on lawns, vaccines and medications can all shorten our life span and create illness.
These are all foreign to the metabolism of the body and are difficult for the body to eliminate completely. Trauma to any part of the body, especially the head, throws off the normal flow of life force energy: commonly called chi. Head injuries can deprive every cell in the body from the energy it needs.
Here are some healthy practices to keep in mind:
- they need the opportunity to clear the energies they may have taken on from people that are sick, or if they have been cooped up all day; let them out to run and play
- allow them to take part in their instinctive activities to help them clear stored up energies
- ensure they are walked on a daily basis, off-leash if possible
- acknowledge their need to socialize with people and other dogs
- permit them ample time to enjoy fresh air outside
- give them freedom to run and play
- try to avoid placing them in a kennel for prolonged periods of time (in short spurts is fine for initial puppy training)
- feed them food that is healthy and nutritious, not over-processed and of poor quality
- they can become ill if they are abused, yelled at or mistreated
- try not to have too many rules; enjoy their silliness and idiosyncrasies
- they need plenty of love and your undivided attention
I feel I could never give back the love and patience my animal companions have shared with me over my entire life. They truly deserve the same respect and love as all beings on the planet do. They are not status symbols or furniture… they have big gorgeous open hearts and if we open our hearts as well, our lives are forever changed.
I adore the poem below and cannot remember who wrote it or where I got it from, but it will make you think and perhaps focus on the simpler things in life – the aspects of life that have real lasting value.Take a break from the busyness of everyday life, and let your dog teach you a few new tricks.
If A Dog Were The Teacher
“If a dog were the teacher you would learn stuff like:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
- Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
- Take naps.
- Stretch before rising.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout… run right back and make friends.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
- Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.” ~Author Unknown
As always I am here to support you in this life journey of ours and love your feedback.
Drink Pure, Healthy, Ionized, Alkaline Water!
The AlkaPitcher water alkalizer and ionizer is a great way to start making pure, alkaline water instantly while helping to filter out chlorine, sediment, pesticides and organic pollutants. The AlkaPitcher also improves taste and eliminates odors.
The AlkaPitcher is the next revolutionary product helping everyone drink pure, filtered alkaline water!
If you want your pure, alkalized and ionized water on the go, learn more about AlkaMate – the portable water alkalizer, purifier and ionizer!