Who would have ever thought we would be using the same product to moisturize our skin and cook our food? There are numerous health benefits in using coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut water in your daily life.
I have happily incorporated coconut products by having a big jar in my kitchen and my bathroom. The health benefits are outstanding! By adding coconut oil to a morning or post-workout smoothie you will get a natural energy boost and avoid the big adrenalin / blood sugar spike and crash that can occur with caffeine and sugar. Studies are showing again and again how coconut oil helps us maintain a healthy weight, take off excess body fat and help build muscle mass.
Coconut water is said to have been used in World War I as a way to rehydrate injured soldiers when saline solution was in short supply. They actually used it in an IV directly from the coconut to the patient. (please don’t try this on your own – ha-ha- always check with your physician)
Here are some amazing ways you can begin to use coconut products now:
- to balance electrolytes after a workout
- for cooking for sauces, soups and stir-fries
- on granola in the morning
- add a few tablespoons to your morning smoothie
- as an all over body moisturizer. (whip it up until light and fluffy with a few drops of your favourite essential oil)
- apply as a face cleanser; rinse off – then re-apply it again as a moisturizer
- for eye makeup removal, simply use it on a cotton pad
- for shaving anywhere on the body
- instead of olive or vegetable oils in stir-fries etc.
- for baking: I.e. pies crust and brownies
- in your oral hygiene routine: oil pulling (see my wellness tip from this spring for instructions)
- for conditioning your hair
- to make your wood furniture shine: Combine ¼ cup melted coconut oil, 4 Tbsp distilled white vinegar and 2 Tsp. lemon juice. Place in sprayer bottle and shake well. Simply spray on furniture and wipe off with a clean cloth.
I love the wide array of uses and the simplicity of this amazing fruit. Find a way to integrate these ideas into your daily life with ease!
I wish you an abundant fall filled with much love, passion and adventure. As always – I am here to support you in this life journey and love your feedback. See you soon!