Creating a Sacred Space Outside
After being inside for the long winter months, it is rejuvenating to begin spending more time outdoors once again. We love the fresh air, the warmth of the sun and the fresh green growth everywhere we look. We start to dig in the earth, plant gardens and fill our pots with brightly coloured flowers. Why not also create an outdoor living space, like another living room, but outside.
What is a sacred space?
A place to escape to; where you feel safe, cozy and relaxed. According to the quote above, finding yourself again and again is important, and a sacred space can provide that for you. For this kind of renewal you can create your own sacred space quite easily. We can get lost in the day to day busyness of life.
Coming home and stepping into a world we have created for ourselves allows us to reframe, regroup and feel grounded again. It is like adding a whole other room to your home. The space could be for bbqs, entertaining, for meditation or Yoga, or reading. Or relax and reconnect to the sights and sounds of nature.
How to create your sacred space outside:
- First make a list of everything you might like to do in your space, to help determine how to set it up and what to include in the plan.
- Define the space by creating an area that feels cozy. You also want to have privacy from the peering eyes of neighbors. You can do this by arranging pots of flowers or small shrubs to close the area in. I adore large ceramic pots with gorgeous colours. Perhaps install an overhead retractable canopy or gazebo structure. Attractive privacy screens, funky outdoor carpets or lattice work decorated with some of your own artwork can establish some privacy. Planting vines are wonderful but they take more time to fill in. (It could be a long term project.)
- Lighting – add some solar lights to your pots or the gardens adjacent to your outdoor room. I bought some from Home Depot that I love this year… they illuminate in a subtle star pattern instead of the typical round shape.
- Warmth and coziness can be added with an outdoor fire pit with lava rocks or an outdoor fireplace – there are so many types to choose from these days.
- Add a water feature. Maybe a small pond in a garden nearby or a waterfall feature mounted on a wall. The sound of water is wonderfully soothing. Close your eyes and sail away.
- Get some furniture you love to relax in, add some outdoor pillows, some great glasses and lots of beeswax candles. Vases with fresh flowers from your own gardens are wonderful. Plant lavender and inhale the wonderful scent as the night cools or when you brush against it. I have it planted beside my deck and find the scent calming.
- If you love to cook outside, set up an outdoor portable fridge to store some snacks and beverages. Plant a raised bed garden nearby for quick access to herbs and veggies etc. for cooking.
Let me know what you think and if you have any additional ideas you love! As always I am here to support you in this life journey of ours and love your feedback.
Get the benefit of a 1 hour workout in just 10 minutes!
The DKN Vibration Trainer helps accelerate weight loss and achieve a more toned body. The appearance of cellulite is controlled, which leaves you with smoother and tighter skin. Other benefits include improved balance, strength, flexibility and endurance, increased energy levels, better mental focus, and improved sleeping habits.
DKN Vibration Trainers are widely used in homes, physical therapy, rehabilitation, gyms and professional sports. Without having a 30-minute workout and a 30-minute massage, you can achieve the same results in less than 15 minutes while standing still and watching TV!
Similar to a massage or workout, a whole body vibration exercise machine helps improve blood circulation and enhances lymphatic function. When the lymphatic system gets blocked, it fails to eliminate toxins that can cause depression, fatigue, and chronic health problems like joint and muscular pain.
Proper lymphatic drainage prevents the accumulation of harmful toxins in the body’s systems and increases the production of good hormones, including endorphins, serotonin, and collagen, and helps improve flexibility and range of motion. This reduces stress and physical pain while achieving a slimmer and tighter body.
Learn more about the DKN Vibration Trainers now!