The appropriate colon cleanse diet is an important factor in cleansing the colon. Remember that what you put inside your mouth eventually passes through the colon.
This goes to mean that any attempts at ridding the body of toxins must be accompanied by the right diet. But what exactly is it? What do they mean when they say colon cleansing diet?
Colon Cleanse Diet
A colon cleanse diet refers to a special type of diet that is generally intended to assist in cleansing the colon of toxins to boost digestive health and the immune system, increase energy levels, improve mood, and prevent allergies. Any diet for this purpose typically lasts between three days and three weeks, and may be one of the following:
1. Lemonade Diet- Lemonade, apparently, is not only refreshing but healthy. Lemons are great for the liver. They are high in antioxidants and have the ability to detox the body. To go on a lemonade diet means that you will not take anything else during the day but lemonade. To make lemonade, take the juice out of five lemons (or lime if you wish) and place it in a pitcher. Add a quarter of a cup of Grade B Maple Syrup and a teaspoon of Cheyenne pepper. Stir until the pepper is dissolved. Add 10 cups of purified water, and stir.
2. Juice Diet – This type of diet involves going on a fast from solid foods and instead taking only fresh vegetable juice or fruit juice during the day.
3. Raw Food Diet – The raw food diet involves eating vegetables in their raw state. Health experts do advise getting more into the raw food diet because it’s healthier. Cooking, as you know, destroys many enzymes in vegetables, reducing their nutritional value in the process.
Apparently, the diets means to cleanse the colon are not recommended to everybody. Pregnant women and lactating mothers, especially, are warned against getting into this type of diet. People with medical problems (anemic and diabetics, for instance) are not supposed to go into this diet, as well, or proceed with extreme caution. It will be very wise to talk to your doctor about going into a cleansing program. Your doctor is the best person to suggest which type of diet will work for you.
But getting into a cleansing diet is only part of the total program to get rid of toxins. If you don’t like the idea of going to a hospital or clinic to undergo colon cleansing, then you will need to commit yourself to taking colon cleansing supplements as well. There are many of these in the market today, but you have to be choosy, nonetheless.
Considerations For A Colon Cleanse Diet:
- Go organic. If trying to get rid of toxic substances, does it not make sense that you choose products that do not contain toxins or artificial additives?
- Make sure your choice of product has at least two of the following powerful ingredients:
- Cascara Sagrada. This is an herb known to have mild laxative properties.
- Psyllium Husk. Psyllium is one of the excellent sources of fiber. It sweeps toxic substances out of the body Psyllium improves digestion, regulates bowel movement and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Fennel. If you are struggling trying to control your cravings, try Fennel, instead. By controlling your appetite, Fennel helps to keep more toxins from building up.
- Hydrochloric Acid. This type of acid enables more wastes from clogging the colon.
So to put it all simply, a colon cleanse diet can mean either going on a fast from solid foods or making healthier food choices.
We would love to have you connect with us on Facebook! Head on over and like us there!
Look Younger & Live Longer – Pain-Free!
As humans we are all contaminated with toxins from environmental pollutions such as those found in our food, water, air, and even our clothing, furniture and other household items. These make the body prone to illnesses. Some harmful effects of toxins include fatigue, depression, decreased sex drive, and skin problems like rashes, blotches, wrinkles, and dullness. Find out exactly how toxic your body and environment are with our Heavy Metals Test Kit!
The 3 in 1 FIT System works by breaking down toxic chemicals and helping the body restore energy and vitality. This helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle while keeping you looking and feeling young – in spite of having been exposed to environmental toxins!
Our 3 in 1 FIT Premium Ionic Detox Foot Bath System, a non-invasive health solution with no known side effects, comes with a six year warranty. It is three times stronger than any product on the market today, and it provides three powerful therapies including Far Infrared Heat, Ionic Detoxification, and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS).
Learn more about the 3 in 1 FIT Detox Foot Bath System now!